Mothercell – Results
- Sporadic miraculous results
- Unfortunately, it’s impossible beforehand to give any prognosis and forecasts about the treatment outcomes with precise accuracy as in every case the patient’s dynamics is very individual and depends on number of factors.
- Any references/testimonials further we request you to understand the science and don’t be carried by testimonials as these can be generated fake
- 80% (8 of 10) experienced improvements
- Direct correlation between positive outcome and age, number of stem cells administered and frequency.
- Results were significantly better in kids less than 8 year age
- Improved cognition and sensory processing
- Improved attention span
- Improved motor skills and coordination
- More confident
- Reduced hyperactivity
- Improved ability to socialize with others
- Meaningless play has reduced
- Hand and finger motor skill improvement
- Improved handwriting
- Improved speech
- Eating more independently
- Overall,60% improved
- Decrease in arm and hand spasticity 70%
- Improvements in hand and finger motor skills, coordination 60%
- Cognitive improvements materialized after about 3 months and physical improvements started after 6 months.
- Leg and foot coordination improved in 50%
- Reduced lower limb spasticity 50%
- Able to walk 40 %
- Speech improved in almost 60% of patients.
- Improved cognition 20 %
- Attention span and ability to engage others 20%
SPINAL CORD INJURY
- Nearly 65-70%% of the treated patients experienced improvements.
- Patients saw average improvements of about 15% in ASIA motor score, and approximately 20% in ASIA pin prick and light touch measurements over a period of one year.
- Up to 65% of ASIA A patients could recover certain motor functions, increased muscle strength, better stamina during physical exercises, pelvic organs functions and improved bladder control as well as the sensitivity.
VOLUNTARY TRUNK MUSCLE CONTROL
- Sitting without back support and able to stand with support is experienced by 85% of Patients with upper thoracic injury within 4 months.
- Better coordination and walking ability with sensory improvement though motor scores did not improve much was observed in 90% of patients
USEFUL MOTOR AND SENSORY RECOVERY
- Getting back sensation (feeling warm or cold sensations/ touch) was reported in 67% overall enhanced strength 65%
- Improved muscle function and strength, including some ambulation seen in 60% Patients till about 2 years.
- Bowel-and-bladder function improved in 55 % of patients
- Sexual function- getting back erections was reported by more than 30% of the patients
- Spasticity reduction Spasms induced by attempted movements diminishes significantly in 80% of patients
- Electrophysiological measurements suggested improved nerve conduction through the injury site in 62% of patients
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) evaluations indicated increased spinal-cord diameter in 40%
For more information kindly visit: go to pages on spinal cord injury
- Total reversal of symptoms in the one patient.
- 60 % of patients showed up to 50 %improvement in motor function
- Overall 75% patients experienced improvements.
- MRI showed 25 % improvement in thickness of cortex in 60 % of patients
- Better arm use and coordination and improved motor skills in their hands and fingers in 60 %
- Improved leg use and coordination as well as an increased ability to stand and walk unassisted in 70 % of patients
- Speech improved in more than 65% of patients
- Vision improved in 40 %
- Pre-transplantation strength of 1- 2-/5 in the neck, shoulder, upper, and lower extremities began to improve after each of the two stem cell administrations, and reached a final 3-4/5 level by 6 months.
- Upper extremity improvement in strength evolved from the incapacity to lift up to 1 kg
- Trunk balance and strength were also markedly improved.
- The patient gained 3-5 kgs, along with an increased general activity level.
- The frequency of respiratory infections decreased significantly by 50 -70 %
- The inspiratory effort improved from -26-30- to – -38-42 cm H20.
- Increase in the number of donor-derived dystrophin being expressed in the myofibers, (25to35 %).
- The improvement in muscular strength, clinical respiratory function, and general level of activity are well maintained.
- Results vary between 40 -60 % depending on cause, duration of the disease, age of the patient.
- In sub acute phase success rate exceeds up to 75 %.
- Improvement in the visual acuity in (58 %) of eyes. It was marked, good and moderate in 20%, 22 %and 16% eyes, respectively. Slight improvement was seen in 2 % of cases.
- No eye showed further deterioration of vision
- (52%) showed improved vascularity of the disc, increased calibre of the retinal arterioles and general improvement in the color of the peripheral fundus
- 47% was increase in the field of vision, both central and peripheral.
- 20% of them had no residual generalized peripheral field constriction
- Visual acuity improved from hand motions to finger counting in 50 %
- Improved from 0 to 6 letters on the ETDRS visual acuity chart in 20 % of patients
- Vision also improved in the patient with dry age-related macular degeneration.
- Neither patient lost vision
- 90% eyes achieved epithelialization, corneal epithelial surface remained stable, and intact after a mean follow up period of 2 yrs
- Visual acuity improved 0 to 4 letters on the ETDRS visual acuity chart in 40 % of eyes.
No patient experienced any side effects or adverse events
OSTEOARTHRITIS OF KNEE
- WOMAC values (subsets and total) showed significant improvement from baseline over the course of six months treatment (p < 0.001).
- The pain free distance covered during a Six minute walk (6MWD) also significantly improved by 140 feet ((p<.001).
- Requirement of rescue medication decreased to once a week in 45%.
- The mean (SD) change for the percentage of painful days was 45.0 (38.7).
- 25% patients demonstrated improved cartilage thickness by at least 0.01 mm as against 15% who lost thickness at least by 0.01 mm.
- 55% patients showed improved Cell counts (below 500 microlitres) in Synovial fluid.
DELAYED AND NONUNION
- Accelerates healing 90 % patients showed quick healing when used as a supplement with first surgery where high chance of avascular necrosis and Nonunion exist e.g.-# neck femur/ talus/distal tibia
- Achieved union in 95% of cases in cases of Delayed union (when X-ray showed no callus in bridging construct or callus in stable construct in 3 -6 months)
- Healing seen within 3 months in 80 % cases of atrophic non-union, failed implants of long bones after autologous bone marrow concentrate.
- Cell therapy accelerated bone healing in the femur compared to in the tibia.
AVASCULAR NECROSIS OF HEAD FEMUR
- Significant reduction in pain in all the patients
- Back to work within 6 months after treatment.
- Avoided the progression of the disease effectively in 90 % of hips with Stage I & II and in 40 % of hips with Stage III & IV disease.
- 10 % of hips with stage 1 and II progressed to Stage III: as compared to 50 % of Control patients progressing to Stage III.
- 6 % of Stage 1 and II of the hips needed Total Hip replacement
- 60 % Stage III & IV hips needed Total Hip replacement
- Mean volume of necrotic lesion in Control group increased while volume was reduced in BM-MNC Group at 24 months
Critical Limb Ischemia
- Ankle-brachial index was significantly improved at rest from 0.66 to 0.80, after stress from 0.64 to 0.76
- 90 % of patients reported amelioration of rest pain and pain free walking time by 24-week
- Pain-free walking distance increased from average of 150 m to 550m
- Angiography evidence of collateral vessel formation observed in 70 % of the patients
- Only 5 % patients needed amputation.
- Overall 80 % patients show significant response over 2 years
- Fasting blood sugar from 8.5 to 9.5 mmol/L maintained to near diabetic goal of 7 in 80 % of patients.
- HbA1c decline significantly by one year in 80 % of patients. (Average baseline values of from 8- 9.2 to 7.0 -7.5)
- 30% achieved HbA1c values of <7%.
- Fasting C- peptide level improve significantly in 70 % (0.6 -14 to 1.1to 2.2)
- 50% of patients needed 50 percent less requirement of insulin within 6 months.
- 20 % patients achieve reduction in insulin requirement by 75% as compared to baseline
- 10 % patients are able to discontinue insulin completely for 2years
- Insulin level basal mu/ml improved from mean of 16 to 13.5, and after meal from mean of 20 to 32.
- Triglycerides levels slowly reduce over time but at times fluctuate as well
LIVER CIRRHOSIS (End Stage Liver Disease)
- The doses of diuretics were reduced to half in 70 %.
- 60 % had good reduction in Ascites
- Appetite improved significantly in 60 %
- Liver function tests (abnormal serum albumin and/or bilirubin and/or prothrombin time/enzymes)
- Model for end-stage liver disease” (MELD) score improved significantly in 30 % of patients and were maintained till 2 years.
- The improvement was most significant by 4- 6 months post transplantation though changes could be observed as early as one week in some patients.
- The MELD score and liver function tests in 25 % remained stable (did not worsen) till 2 yrs
- CT showed that liver volumes in 30 % increased by six months post transplantation.
- SF-36 questionnaire showed that the quality of life of all patients had significantly till 2yrs of follow up.